Total Learning Centers offers a highly successful and popular way to teach keyboarding, allowing all students to take advantage of exciting technological learning opportunities. By using the TLC program Success With Keyboarding™,students of all ages can learn to touch type in only two weeks.
|How Does Success With Keyboarding™ Work?
|Success With Keyboarding™ uses any word processing program and any computer, Alpha-Smart, typewriter, or even a non-working keyboard. Remember, this is a curriculum, not a software package!
- Keyboard – taught from A to Z and always returning to the “home row”
- Memorization Techniques:
• The keys of the “home row” are covered with moleskin and stickers are placed on the top and bottom rows
• Repeat the correct sequence, out loud, three times
• Spaced repetition – morning, afternoon, and evening
• No “delete” key – it interferes with memory!
• Kinesthetic feedback for short- and long-term memory and structure
- Multi-sensory Instruction:
• Sight – watching the monitor
• Sound – Repeating the sequence of key strikes out loud
• Touch – Feeling the moleskin covers on the “home row” keys
- Study Skills Employed:
•Blocks of information presented in “bite-size” pieces
• Anticipation of what is to come
- Time on Task:
• Quick introduction to new lessons
• Active learning through hands-on, repetitive exercises
• Fast pace holds interest and facilitates natural learning
- Teacher Directed Lessons:
• Homework lessons are assigned and collected regularly
• Continual review of lessons and assignments
• As letter sequences are mastered, new letters and sequences are introduced
• 20-30 minute lessons easily hold attention
For more information, visit www.fastkeyboarding.com.
Learn about other TLC Programs for success for your child.
We also offer a wide range of Programs for Teens.