Within a positive school climate associated with academic, social, and emotional development, students, families and Total Learning Academy’s professional staff work to develop and contribute to a shared school vision. As an intensive learning environment with high student expectations, our staff believes that concern and attention to the quality and character of school life is essential to providing positive nurturing care and compassion to those we serve.
Our school’s climate promotes constructive goals and values in our students as we develop interpersonal relationships with our teaching and learning practices. TLA values a creative, remedial and multisensory educational environment where students are stimulated and excited about learning. The environment at TLA fosters self-advocacy skills, youth development and individualized learning necessary for a productive and satisfying life both in and beyond the classroom.
Our expert staff at Total Learning Academy develops a comprehensive and individualized exit plan within each student’s IEP.
Each transition plan includes needed…
- Homework support
- Emotional and social support
- Coordination for family and student provider services
Strategies to continue minimizing frustration and maximizing progress for the transition include…
- Social skills training
- Independent study skills including study strategies, test-taking strategies and long-term project planning
- Self-advocacy skills training
- Training executive functioning skills (including memory, attention and processing speed)
- Counseling and emotional support
We are proud of our long history of being known in the Western Pennsylvania community as successfully helping students.